Catalog 2014-2015


Veteran Educational Benefit Service

Veteran Educational Benefit Service is handled by the Financial Aid Office.

NCTC Gainesville Campus (940) 668-4242
NCTC Corinth Campus (940) 498-6294

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us. New students need to complete the following steps:

  1. Fill out a VA application or VA change of program if you have previously attended another institution
  2. Fill out a NCTC-VA general information sheet
  3. Fill out a NCTC-Degree Audit/Evaluation Request
  4. Provide NCTC with all transcripts from other colleges and military transcripts
  5. Provide one of the following:

    a. Ch. 33 Post 9/11 GI Bill - Certificate of Eligibility & DD214 - Member 4
    b. Ch. 30 Montgomery GI Bill - Active Duty - DD214 - Member 4
    c. Ch. 1607 Reserve Educational Assistance - DD214 - Member 4
    d. Ch. 1606 The Montgomery GI Bill - Selected Reserve - Notice of Basic Eligibility (NOBE)
    e. Ch. 35 Survivors & Dependents Assistance (DEA) - no other form required

Students should submit forms to the NCTC Financial Aid Office on the campus they attend. Students on the Graham and Bowie campuses may turn their paperwork into the Bowie Administration Office.

Once the student has completed all of the steps mentioned above and all prior college transcripts have been evaluated by the NCTC Admissions Office, the NCTC Veteran Certifying Official will notify the Veterans Administration of your intent to attend college. The NCTC Veterans Official will certify your enrollment status with the Veterans Administration each semester. This certification process will start after the early enrollment period for each semester. Otherwise, NCTC will certify your enrollment after the drop/add period is over for the semester. If you do not continue enrollment each Fall and Spring semester at North Central Texas College, it is YOUR responsibility to notify NCTC of your enrollment.

REMEMBER : Veteran Educational Benefits are paid according to enrollment and degree plan. Only those classes that are part of the student’s designated degree plan are certified. Generally, students who are veterans are able to enroll in college without taking a college readiness exam such as the THEA or COMPASS. Because college prep classes are not part of a degree plan, veterans who feel they may need to enroll in a pre-college level Math, English or Reading class will need to take the exam before the Veterans Administration will approve payment. Veterans wishing to change degree plans or majors need to complete a VA-Change of Program form.

Important : All students who are receiving either the Montgomery GI Bill (Ch. 30) Active duty, or Selected Reserve (Ch. 1606) or MGIB-REAP (Chapter 1607) must verify their enrollment each month to receive payments for that month. Enrollment can be verified starting on the last calendar day of the month by using the Web Automated Verification of Enrollment (WAVE) at attendance or by calling the toll free Interactive Voice Response (IVR) telephone line at 1 (877) 823-2378. Veterans are responsible for all tuition, fees, and books. NCTC will only defer payment requirements for veterns who have elected to use the Chapter 33 - Post 9/11 MGIB. Veterans who use any other benefit are required to pre-pay tuition and fees. In addition, monthly veteran educational BAH stipends are not sent to the veteran until the end of each month the student is enrolled. Please remember it takes approximately six weeks to get your first check.